Pages

Saturday, December 1, 2012

Update

Hey there,
So I may have mentioned this before, but I'm working on a story about "Simone". I don't think it's very good, it's a bit melodramatic, but I'll probably post it anyway :)

Also, I've been scanning a bunch of prints of pictures that I took with my film camera. I use a Pentax k1000 with Kodak 400 Tri-X film. I have no idea about the aperture on any of these photos, much less shutter speed, except for one, which was at 1/1000th of second. You never really forget pictures you take at 1/1000th of second, do you?

Anyway, here's one of my prints:
Not a winner scanning job, I know. But this was one of my first prints, so the print itself isn't that great quality wise. 
I like this print/picture because our teacher gave us an assignment on "light", to interpret into our own artistic expressions. While everyone else was out shooting pictures of the sun hitting stuff, I was doing the same thing, until I walked past this light. I had my first, "I CAN BE DIFFERENT IN PHOTOGRAPHY CLASS!" moment and shot the picture. Also, I have a minor obsession with taking pictures of lamps. More on that later.
That's kinda the whole story there. My guess is small aperture, big shutter speed because this was inside and I was standing 10 feet away. Why I was standing 10 feet away is a story in and of itself, which I would explain now, but I think I might write a story about it.

By the way, to any of you fellow high-schoolers reading this, I presume you have finals in the next 3 weeks and I wish you luck. Seriously.

Thanks,
A.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got a comment?