Pages

Saturday, January 19, 2013

30 SECOND DIY PROJECT WOO HOO


Hello,
I haven't posted in a while- life is busy, so sorry about that.
Moving on to more interesting things- A DIY CALENDAR! THAT ONLY TAKES 30 SECONDS! REALLY. IT'S AMAZING HOW EASY THIS THING IS...

But before we start, an explanation: 

Let's put it this way: if I don't have a calendar I go kind of crazy. I don't really enjoy going to a certain office store, ahem, and asking the sales clerk for the cheapest calendar (I just want something with pre numbered days of the week, alright?), an adventure that always ends with the sale clerk getting ever more grouchy, and saying something to the effect of, "the cheapest calendar is $20," and getting even more annoyed when I give them the bug-eyed "are you crazy" stare. $20 for a calendar. And no, they don't like it when you ask them if Target sells calendars for less...

This adventure always ends with me searching Google images for a January 2013 (or relevant year) monthly calendar. This worked for a few years, until I discovered late January of 2012 that I had printed a calendar that had the wrong dates on it. That would explain why I didn't have my history paper ready...

Therefore, I figured it could be a whole lot easier. Henceforth: the epic DIY calendar.
Full disclosure, this took me approximately 30 seconds, it might take you up to a minute, basically because instead of cutting the cardboard I just kind of ripped it. Your calendar will probably turn out better.

STEP ONE:
Gather all materials. You will need:
  • A monthly calendar print out ( I have iCal on my computer, so I just printed out the two months I needed-- if you use Google images DOUBLE CHECK THE DATES!)
  • A piece of cardboard (I was cleaning out my school supplies etc. today, and discovered I had the cardboard backs to a couple of legal pads, as well as last year's calendar, so I used that.)
  • Scissors. (no alternatives, really, unless you want to use a chainsaw, which I do not think would end well.)
  • A stapler (or tape, or rubber cement, or Duck tape, basically, any kinda adhesive thing you want)
  • A pen (or pencil, or eyeliner... which is really fun to draw with, by the way.)
  • I didn't use a ruler, but, should you like extremely straight lines, you might want one.
STEP TWO: 
Match your paper up to your cardboard. Do you need to remove any excess cardboard for your calendar? If so, just mark with a pen (with or without a ruler) where you need to cut off extra cardboard.

STEP THREE:
 Cut the cardboard to match the paper. Or if you don't want to cut off any cardboard, it's cool. Just skip this step...

STEP FOUR: 
Staple the paper to the cardboard.

STEP FIVE:
I don't know... write stuff  on your calendar?


Hope you enjoy, and save yourself $20!
More later,
A.

2 comments:

Got a comment?